Saturday, December 8, 2012

Patience. It can do a body, mind and spirit some good...

The view from the kitchen window...


Today I babysat. I didn't get too much thinking done because I obviously had some children to watch over! I had a nice time, for the most part. My nails were given a new look...which reminds me I need to wash off one of my nails because I don't want it painted. I also was given a make over and so I will have to fix my make-up before I go out tonight hehe... Over all I had a nice time and earned some money.

When I came back home I found Robby cooking up some pasta that his Nonna (Grandmother in Italian) would make. It smelled REALLY good so I am looking forward to that. You see we still live under the same roof but do not share the same room and we give each other space...  I don't mind him around sometimes but other times I really do wish he had his own place. We're not together and it is a bit awkward with him still being around as if he is still with me. For now I will try and envision him as a close friend who I've known for a long time or just my "brother in Christ" because he is a Christian now.

Well, I ended up taking another walk. The air was chilly and there was a thick blanket of fog creeping the streets and path I took on my walk. As I walked I spoke to God, sharing my current feelings and thoughts with Him. It's a way to clear my head and also get things out of me that I don't have to share with anyone else. I reminded him of my current situation and apologized for anything I may be doing that displeases Him. I had briefly read before my walk, out of this book, that sometimes our prayers really can displease God. It's usually when we were not obeying Him... and it isn't always about "not sinning" it's also about not doing what He is asking us to do. Sometimes it is hard to know what He wants when we're too busy filling our heads with other noise...and our hearts with the things that are not of God...

When I reached the bridge that crosses over the canal I stopped and stood along the railing. I kept my hands in my pockets and spoke from behind my warm scarf. I closed my eyes and asked God to remove anything in my heart and mind that did not need to be there. I asked Him to close any doors that needed to be shut. Then I prayed over Johnny and Robby as well, since they are part of my current situation... I felt God remind me that He is at work in both of them and just like me, they need to let some things go. I wasn't given a clear message on what or who He was wanting me to be with.. Because you see, part of me is worried that God is wanting me to be with Robby... I don't know if it's Him or just because I am confused on what's bothering me so everything seems like it could be the reason. I  told God I did not harbor those feelings for him anymore and apologized for the way I felt. I shared once more that I have a new love developing in my heart now..even though it saddens me that I have not even seen the person's face before my eyes just yet.... Finally I sighed and just asked He'd show me the right way and help me.... I didn't hear anything, but it's hard because my mind thinks a lot. I just wiped the tears that had collected at the corners of my eyes and told Him I'd trust Him.

So now I will wait for the signs I need, and the peace that will come with it. I know God blesses those who follow His will with much peace. If we are not following God's will we will LACK peace! Sometimes we think what we're doing is right but unless we are truly seeking God every day and opening our hearts to Him, we will not be able to discern where to go or what to do. This is why I know I must stay focused, be patient and continue to read God's word....

Good things come to those who wait.

Hmm..I'd really like it if people posted scripture on my FB wall....I'd like to surround myself with truthful promises that will encourage me.

-
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment