Monday, December 31, 2012

The old is put away, the new is brought forth.

" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8..

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is Love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

Dear God,

I had a lot on my mind and I spoke most of it to you...what I didn't you already know. You know what troubled me last night and when I awoke. I can say I put it on myself. I failed you once again and after reading in my Bible I felt even worse. You remind me of what not to do and yet I do such things...it is worse when I know not to and still do it.  I know that if I live in an immoral way, the non-christian world may be free to assume such a life style is accepted by the church and by You which would be very dishonoring to You. I want to honor you, God... with my mind, heart and body. As a Christian I know I am not to live as the world does.... harming my body, doing as I please. I am here to please You! 

A new year is beginning, and Jesus has not returned yet. There is still work to be done. The truth needs to spread but more and more the world has turned it's back from God. Sometimes I feel alone in it all but I know I am not. This year I am asking for a few things but  I am willing to work all I need to so I may be rewarded with such things...I don't think they are unnecessary desires either.. but please place the right desires if these aren't for me.

First...
I'd like to be able to share a close bond with another, a partner in this life. Someone who will be here and help me out. Someone who will be a team with me in serving You. I want to have a place to live and be able to share it with them as well at some point. I need someone who will be healthy and help me be healthy... Someone who will be fine doing out without alcohol, drugs, or over-eating fatty foods and keep me from those temptations as well. I don't really need them. My body is the temple of You, God..as you have said in your word. ("Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. Therefore honor God with your body."1 Corinthians 6:19-20) I know I'd need someone who would help me with my struggles and not influence them. I'd like to let go of my old ways completely and not continue to struggle with the same sin. Could you please place someone in my life that will work together for good with me? Someone who will have a discernment as I have? A discernment to keep them from openly bringing opposing things into our home whether it be through books, games, movies or music? I want a happy and peaceful home... It seems a lot of  popular things these days are sugarcoated but stand for many unholy things.. -sighs- I may deal with some stuff now but I know I will just not put up with it at all later. I'd also want someone that will love my truly with a pure and unconditional love. Someone that has YOU in their heart and will continue to hunger for more of You and your guidance for our life together..
I want who is best for me, God. Someone who will take care of me. A good Christian man who's heart is after yours and puts you above me. I am fine being second-best because I won't be able to fulfill his every desire as you could. Thank you, Lord. I know I must be willing to return with great things. I want to be a woman of great virtue and be a great wife in the future. : ) Loving unconditionally and bringing warmth to the home...as well as a little silliness! You made me weird God, and I love it.

Second,
I'd love to have Christian friends...friends who I can share my love with about you. I'm honestly just tired of the excessive cussing and careless lifestyle of the people I use to be so close to. I cannot judge them... It is only within those who claim to be of faith that I can technically discipline and try to correct. If someone says they are a Christian, you have said another Christian can judge their actions and bring it to attention because you have asked us to be accountable for another. I want friends who will influence me in the way I need to be. Friends that will enjoy the Christian music as I do...and not just the fun stuff but the legit worshiping and praising your name with sounds that are pleasing in your ears! I'd love to have friends that would attend church with me. I want brothers and sisters in Christ to accept me as their friend... people I can go to for Godly counsel, not the counseling the world gives..for that is empty and not ever-lasting.  Help me to be a good friend as well.

Third,
I'd like to continue growing up in my life. Growing in you and moving on in this life. I'm in desperate need of a car and want to be able to afford it. Help me with my finances I pray!! I want to spend my money more wisely and be a successful adult. I am ever grateful for the jobs you have blessed me with. Working with the children is amazing. I love watching them grow up learning about you. I love how you light up their life with your love and the hope you give them. I hope I can keep moving on up in this so I can afford to live on my own. I know you'd want me to keep moving on and not be comfortable here at home. My mom has done so much for me and I am thankful for it. I just know it is getting close to the time I must spread my wings and make my own nest!


Last.
I pray this near year I will move into what YOU have for me. I want to let go of my bad habits and create new and pure habits. I know then I will have such a peace because I will be on the path that you have created for me. You say you have blessings for us if we just follow the path that was meant for us... May YOUR will be done not mine.

If I lose people this year because of my faith I know it will not be because of me. I love the sinners, not the sin... but there will be those who continue to move down another path and that is what they will chose because of their own free will you have given them. I will pray for them but I will continue to follow You. No one is going to take this light you have placed in my heart. Nothing is going to put it out. I'm going to let it shine.
Even if I end up being alone forever with a cat or something, as long as I have you Lord I know I will be complete and when you return....I will finally get to see you face to face. *~*

Thank you.
Amen.



Love Your Daughter,
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment